My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://stelladoeshealthyeating.co.uk/ and update your bookmarks.

.

Tuesday 26 May 2009

Food Diary 25th May

Slowly getting back on track after my weeks holiday and that 2.2lbs I put on is gone now!

Food for yesterday -

Breakfast: Asda's own version of Special K - Vitality flakes I think... 40g with 150ml skimmed milk and a 200ml glass of cranberry juice
Snack: 1 babybel light and 2 mandarins
Lunch: grated carrot and courgette with spring onion, red pepper, yellow pepper, lemon juice, ground pepper, 60g prawns and 60g low fat fromage frais
Snack: 110g natural yogurt and 60g blueberries with banana nut crunch capella drops. 1 vending machine latte with half a sachet sweetner and gingerbread capella drops. When I got home I had a protein shake and 2 peanut butter cups as I was starving!
Dinner: "Fajitas" Turkey strips in fajita seasoning cooked on the griddle pan with red onions and green and yellow peppers in a tortilla wrap with some sour cream and chive dip and 60g random mushrooms on the side. Had planned on having tuna steaks but they are cook from frozen ones that take 30 mins and we didn't have time before the movie.

Then we went to the cinema... I did ok at first with some sweet chili snack a jacks and a small bag of Malteasers - I wanted a treat but to stay within my calorie allowance! But then OH had bought a big bag of pringles and I had a couple of handfuls of those!


Total Cal Quota: 1695
Calories Consumed: 1804
Calories Left: -109 (but still under maintenance allowance!)

Protein (g) 142.6 (32.5%)
Carbohydrate (g) 202.0 (43.1%)
Fat (g) 47.7 (24.4%)
Fibre (g) 14.0
Fruit & Veg 6.1
Water (litres) 2.0

Got some omega oil tablets with evening primrose oil and have take n the first one this morning - I keep getting the taste of mackerel in the back of my throat, not nice at all! Hopefully these will help the salt cravings a little.

For this week I have my calorie allowance set for a half pound loss only. I was getting a bit fed up with all the planning and weighing and wishing I could just not bother with food at all because it's too much hassle! People always harp on about eating healthily being just as quick and easy but I disagree! It was much easier to pop down to the canteen for a bowl of soup and some bread or fill up a salad bowl of stuff other people had prepared or baked potatoes with a pot of filling, I also didn't have to think about what I was having until I got there! I'm not saying eating healthy is difficult or takes a lot more time but it certainly does require more thought and effort and sometimes I just feel like I cannot be arsed! So I figured increasing my calorie allowance gives me a bit of space to relax a bit more

1 comments:

deisegal said...

I agree, it is hard work! I seem to spend half my time prepping food and working out food plans. Luckily I have a long commute to work in which to do the meal planning but the food prep has to be sneaked in wherever I can manage it. Thank God I have no life :P