My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://stelladoeshealthyeating.co.uk/ and update your bookmarks.

.

Sunday 24 May 2009

BBQ Chicken

One of my favourite meals! It's so quick and easy and nice and low in calories and always amazingly tasty!

BBQ Chicken:
Recipe serves 4

* 2 Tablespoons Tomato Puree
* 2 Tablespoons Dark Brown Natural Muscovado Sugar
* 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
* Pinch Salt
* Fresh ground Black Pepper
* 4 Servings/600g Chicken (or turkey)

Per Serving:
Calories (kcal) 199.3
Carbohydrate (g) 10.8 (20.6%)
Protein (g) 36.4 (74.1%)
Fat (g) 1.2 (5.3%)
Fibre (g) 0.3

Simply mix everything in a bowl, add chicken breasts or sliced turkey, stir in and leave in the fridge for ideally an hour or more but less time is fine too.
This time I also chopped up a small red onion and half a yellow pepper and mixed those in with the turkey and fried all together in a little garlic oil

I serve with a handful of organic baby new potatoes and some salad in a low fat vinaigrette type dressing, this time I used up some left of low fat sour cream and chive dressing for the potatoes. Normally I'll use a whole chicken breast but went for turkey steaks this time.
Adding the veg, oil, potatoes, salad, dressing a dip, for me, brings it up to around 491 calories



And I cooked it in our "new" kitchen!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I am having this for tea today now I have seen your recipe! The BBQ chicken recipe I know uses coke and tomato ketchup which is oh so tasty but sooo calorific so this is much better. Clever Crappy :D

Stella said...

Aha, glad to have helped! It really is good! Just going to edit and add method - though it really is just a mix it all up type thing!