My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://stelladoeshealthyeating.co.uk/ and update your bookmarks.

.

Sunday 7 June 2009

Hmm....

I am suspicious. I think my muscles are trying to lull me into a false sense of security by not aching. I don't trust them. Tomorrow is going to be bad.

Yesterday's PT session was completely different - time to surprise my body, apparently it wasnt guessing enough!
Really enjoyed every minute of it though I really struggled though with hardly any energy - TOTM leaves me feeling like I just want to lie down, watch movies and eat chocolate and crispy bacon sandwiches (white bread, lots of butter). Plus I haven't had a full nights sleep for two weeks so that wasn't helping either.

So here's what we did:

5 min warm up on the corss trainer, level 8, 10 then 12 - would never have managed that a couple of months ago!

Then over to the mats for-
Squats with a weighted ball and on the way up I was to use my legs to push the ball up over my head, the first 10 were easy but it quickly got very hard! 2 sets of 15 of these.

Lunges with a dumbbell shoulder press each time I went down - 10 on each leg

Lunges with a bicep curl each time I went down - 10 on each leg - these took my ages, they weight was pretty heavy and my arms were already so sore! Plus I'm crap at lunges!

Burpees - 2 sets of 20, felt like I was dying! Arms were trembling and on the second set my thighs just felt like they had nothing left to give! I'd get down on the floor, plan to jump back and nothing was happening! But I still managed the full 20 for each set, eventually

Next was over to the cables for... something I definitely don't know the name of and can't find online! It was a bit like this except both hands were on the grip and the pull was more with the left arm and involved more of a waist twist at both sides and keeping the left arm parallel to the floor when at the top... not sure if that makes any sense but did 15 each side then the plank for 2 x 10 seconds (best I could manage by this point!) and then repeated the 2 exercises.
Second time round on the plank PT told me to lift my hips, which I did, but my legs didn't go with them so I just had my ass in the air! Thankfully PT has a sense of humour!

Then back to the benches again for more core work - I find these so much easier than last week but still really difficult!
First the lying version of the Leg-Hip Raise 2 x 15
And crunches without such a big incline though

Finished off with 10 mins intervals on the treadmill - I'm getting quite good at this running crap actually! Might start doing some more treadmill running on my own, I find it much easier to progress on a treadmill than outdoors as I find when running outside the better I get the faster I go so I'm never actually able to run for longer periods without having to stop and walk for a bit, it's alway running 30 seconds nad walking for a minute witht he occassional 45 second run as I get a sudden burst of energy! Having more control over what I'm doing on a treadmill definitely seems to work for me.

2 comments:

Lori said...

That's knackered me out just reading your routine! :D

Hope you end up in a latent world of pain - like I would.


And WTF is a czbniqua?! This word verification thingy is mental.

Stella said...

lol it really was tiring! I really got a second wind after about 40 mins though which is most unusual!

I can already feel the pain creeping up on me, my arms and butt are getting a bit sore!

The word verification is brilliant, so weird!