My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://stelladoeshealthyeating.co.uk/ and update your bookmarks.

.

Tuesday 7 July 2009

Interesting Article...

Not sure when it's interesting yet but it has got my thinking about my butt.

http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/most_recent/how_strong_are_your_glutes_really

There's two tests which apparently assess how well your glutes activate - in order to get good results when it comes to your butt you need to be activating your glutes during exercises such as squats and deadlifts. If you fail the test you need to train your glutes so that they will activate better/properly during other exercises.
I looked at the tests and thought "piece of p*ss" got on the floor... and failed. Miserably on test one and a bit on test two. Test one I couldn't even get my left leg off the floor and my right leg was a real struggle, didn't get very high and I wobbled a lot! Test two, I managed ok but I definitely wasn't able to keep the same tension on the ball so that was a fail too.

I'm going to try these again before my PT session on Thursday morning as today my muscles are still little sore from Saturday and Monday's workouts plus today's running. I'm not convinced I'll do much better though!

Time for some more reading....

2 comments:

ednabucket said...

Right so you've got us all spread out on our living room rugs doing this you realise?

I just did test one and got each leg up - for about a millionth of a nanosecond that is.

I can't possibly attempt the second one... I don't have a tennis ball you see?

Stella said...

Well you did better than me!

I stole the cats ball for the second one, poor little guy thought I wanted to play :(