My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://stelladoeshealthyeating.co.uk/ and update your bookmarks.

.

Tuesday 4 August 2009

Weekend Mini Catch Up

Oh dear - I'm getting really crap at remembering to post!

My excuse is that my mum was up visiting for the weekend so I was s bit busy! We had a lovely couple of days and and delicious meal on Saturday night - I wanted sea bass but they were out so went for the steak with chunky chips and peppercorn sauce and chocolate tart for pudding. I also shared a bottle of wine with my mum and had a couple of very chocolately birthday cakes that I'd made for her.

I didn't take any pictures of the finished things but here is my vanilla sponge and chocolate ganache topping (double cream, dark chocolate and Baileys! Fantastic!)







I did actually start the weekend quite well with a lovely blueberry, greek yogurt, oats and whey smoothie



Followed by a walk to the gym for my PT session then walking home. I'm quite liking the extra walking - loads more calories burned and I like being able to listen to my ipod super loud!

PT session was good - started with 20 mins intervals on the treadmill and he pushed me really hard, I was surprised at how fast I managed and for how long. I have made loads of progress with running!
Went onto some squats on the power rack and then tried a couple of sets of squats on the Smith machine - I quite like this but just can't get in a comfortable position so only did 2 sets.
Next were some assisted pull ups - managed to reduce the assistance this time and to complete all three sets without feeling ill! We talked about non-assisted pull ups and the PT reckoned I should give them ago but I was feeling too chicken this time!
I'm sure I'm forgetting something else but we finished off with some core work then 5 mins on the bike at a high level keeping the speed up and taking the level down every 30 seconds - was a nice tough final blast for my legs :D


Decided to have yet another fresh start on Monday after my weekend calories going WAY over! Feeling back "in the zone" this week, not really been feeling it for a while so this is good!

2 comments:

Just a Girl said...

Sounds like a good workout mate! I don't feel comfortable with smith squats either, they feel too weird and hurt my knees.

Stella said...

Well the first time I used it I was left with bruises across me shoulders all week so the next time he got me some padding but it still didn't help so this time he showed me a different grip but my wrists coudn't take it.
I do like it for front squats - horrible for normal squats. But having the weight on the front of my shoulders rather than the back just feel wrong and I can't get my breathing right because of it.
I enjoyed the workout, not one of my favourites though!