My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://stelladoeshealthyeating.co.uk/ and update your bookmarks.

.

Tuesday 28 April 2009

Stress!

What a stressful day! I loathe month end.

I could go off on a huge work rant here but I've decided that work is only allowed to bother me when I'm there - I'm allowed a mini rant when I get home to let off steam then that's it over with.

Feeling stressed at work got me thinking about how often I hear/read people say how they love exercise or running for beating stress and I really wish it worked for me. When I'm stressed all I want to do is lie on the couch, watch trashy TV and eat toast.
Fortunately I went to the gym first and swapped proper healthy dinner for toast - I'm sure apricot jam must count towards my 5 a day....

Went for my usual gym workout this evening - stress may not drive me to exercise but at least I still wanted to go! I think I mostly enjoy it because I get to listen to dodgy music really loudly on my ipod and feel smug once I'm done!

These last two days I've fallen back into my annoying habit of eating really well during the day then losing the plot when I get home - still I'm only binging on toast and staying within my calorie allowance so it's not all bad. I mostly blame my bred addiction, I haven't had any for ages and it's been calling to me for days. I'm going to ignore it now and get back into proper dinners, starting with some homemade sweet potato and carrot soup, which I've still not made despite saying I was going to make it every day for the last 5 days....

Todays food:
Breakfast - 20g oats with 180ml skimmed milk, 1 tsp dark brown natural muscovado sugar and 1 tsp dried cherries
Morning Snack - 1 babybel light and 2 mandarins
Lunch - salad of 60g tuna, 110g low fat cottage cheese, 5g pine nuts, grated carrot and courgette and finely chopped yellow pepper, tomato and spring onion with loads of black pepper and fresh chives
Afternoon Snack - 100g low fat organic natural yogurt with 1 chopped plum and a banana before heading to the gym and a 1 scoop protein shake made with water after my workout
Dinner - 4 slices wholemeal toast with apricot jam....

Exercise:

Full boy weights and 10 mins HIIT on the bike

Now I'm going to take some advice from my cat and get on with some serious relaxing

0 comments: